Handling Your Complaint

Handling your complaint

If you have a complaint, please tell us about it. We will carefully review the matter and respond to you within 15 working days. You can contact us at info@youi.co.nz or ph: 0800 00 YOUI.

Internal dispute resolution service

Youi treats all customer complaints and disputes very seriously and offers an Internal Dispute Resolution Service that will review your complaint and make the appropriate determination.

If your complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, please contact our Dispute Resolution Manager on disputes@youi.co.nz or ph: 0800 00 YOUI.

The Internal Dispute Resolution Service will take the following steps:

Step 1

We will confirm receipt of your dispute, by email or phone, within 3 working days.

Step 2

Where all necessary information has been received regarding your dispute, we will provide a final decision to you within 15 working days. If extra time is required for the review of your complaint, we will contact you to agree a new time frame. We will continue to advise you of our progress at least every 10 working days. Where a new timeframe cannot be agreed, you are entitled to escalate your complaint to the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman (IFSO) at the contact details shown below.

Step 3

We will provide you with our final Internal Dispute Resolution decision by email.

Step 4

If you are not satisfied with our final decision, your other available options include:

  • Requesting a review of your dispute by the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman (IFSO). The IFSO is a free and independent external dispute resolution service available to our policyholders. The IFSO can advise you whether your dispute is one which falls within their terms of reference, as not all customers or products are covered. You can contact the IFSO as follows:
    Website:  http://www.ifso.nz
    By Phone:  1800 367 267
    By Email:           info@ifso.nz
    Freephone number:  1800 367 267
  • Seeking independent legal advice. 
  • Referring the matter to the Ministry of Consumer Affairs.