- Your policy number;
- A description of what happened, when and where;
- The type and extent of the damage caused;
- Details of anyone else who was involved such as name, address, licence and/or registration number;
- Police Incident number (if the police were called).
If you don’t have your policy number to hand that’s ok, the following information will help us locate your policy details:
- The policyholders name, address or date of birth or;
- For vehicle claims - the registration number of the insured vehicle or;
- For home claims, the address of the insured property.
No, that’s our job. You just need to contact us with the details and we’ll take it from there.
For Contents-only claims - the EQC excess deducted is $200.
For Building-only claim - the EQC excess deducted is 1 percent of the amount payable for the claim, with a minimum of $200 (multiplied by the number of homes in the building if it is a multi-unit property).
For combined Building and contents claim - the EQC excess deducted is a minimum of $200 (multiplied by the number of homes in the building if it is a multi-unit property) or 1% of the amount payable for the combined building and contents claim – whichever is greater.