32 of 40 ways to save

No swimming pool.

Make your move.

There are lots of building insurance policies out there, but only we give you 40 ways to save. Who's it gonna be?

Built around you!

It's your home, or your investment. Whatever you use it for, you want to protect it the best you can. With cover against theft, fire, earthquakes, floods and storms, and inclusions like temporary accommodation, emergency repairs and clean up fees if your claim is accepted, it's clear to see our building insurance is built around you.

Policy Wording Compare Products / Sum Insured Calculator

What's included?

Our building insurance covers against fire, theft and a range of weather events, to name a few.

Cover for loss or damage to your building caused by theft, attempted theft or burglary. 

Protection for damage or loss to your building caused by accidental fire.

Cover for loss or damage to the building caused by earthquake.

Cover for loss or damage caused by accidental explosion.

We’ll cover your building against loss or damage caused by storm, including lightning, wind, hail and snow.

Flood cover is included as standard with your Building policy.

Loss or damage caused by riot or civil commotion is covered as standard.

Cover for loss or damage caused by escaping water.

You’re covered if your building is damaged due to impact.

Loss or damage to the property that is caused intentionally by anyone not living at the premises is automatically covered.

We’ve got you covered to the tune of $20 million for your legal liability, be it civil or reparation, to pay damages due to a claim for an accident that results in damage to someone else’s property.  There is also up to $1million cover for your legal liability to pay damages arising from accidental death or bodily injury.

Cover for the reasonable cost of emergency repairs to make the building safe and secure and prevent further loss or damage.

Up to 20% of the building sum insured to pay any associated clean up and professional costs.

If you can’t live at your home due to an insured event we’ll pay the costs for your temporary accommodation for up to 12 months.  We’ll also provide you with temporary accommodation for up to 30 days if you are forced to evacuate your home in an emergency.

Up to $5,000 to modify your home if you or a member of your household is impaired by permanent quadriplegia or paraplegia as a result of an insured event.

We’ll pay $5,000 to you or your estate towards funeral expenses if you or a household member dies as a result of an insured event.

This covers the cost of replacing your broken glass or ceramics up to a value of 10% of the amount your building is insured for.

We’ll pay up to $500 for replacement keys and locks if the keys to your home are stolen.

We’ll pay for the reasonable cost of repairing or replacing burnt out electric motors caused by mechanical, electrical or electronic failure.

Up to $1,500 per household member to cover the cost of counselling sessions after a claim.

What's optional?

In case you need just a little bit more...

Cover for your Buildings up to your sum insured for damage caused accidently.


Stuff happens. We've got a dedicated claims team to take care of you if it does

Ask us anything

No such thing as a silly question. Browse our FAQs or ask us anything here

40 ways to save

See how many apply to you