Contents Insurance

For the things that matter most.


all about you.

You’re not like anyone else. Neither are your belongings. Neither are we.

We know your stuff is more than just stuff. It carries a scent, a meaning, a memory. That’s why when it comes to protecting the things that matter most to you, we start by getting to know you better. Because the better we know you, the better we can protect the things you love.

And our contents insurance doesn’t just protect your belongings - it also takes care of you, with features like temporary accommodation, cover while you move and counselling sessions if you’re involved in an insured event. 

Policy Wording Compare Products

What’s included?

Our contents insurance covers against fire, theft and a range of weather events, to name a few.

Cover for loss or damage to your contents caused by theft, attempted theft or burglary. 

We’ll cover your building and contents against damage caused by accidental fire. We’ll also cover your contents for soot and smoke damage caused by bushfire.

Cover for loss or damage to your contents caused by earthquake.

Cover for loss or damage caused by accidental explosion.

We’ll cover your contents against loss or damage caused by storm, including lightning, wind, hail and snow.

Flood cover is included as standard with your contents policy.

Loss or damage caused by riot or civil commotion is covered as standard.

Cover for loss or damage caused by escaping water.

You’re covered if your contents are lost or damaged due to impact.

Loss or damage to your contents that is caused intentionally by any one not living at the premises is automatically covered.

We’ve got you covered to the tune of $20 million for your legal liability, be it civil or reparation, to pay damages due to a claim for an accident that results in damage to someone else’s property.  There is also up to $1million cover for your legal liability to pay damages arising from accidental death or bodily injury.

Where the premises is a Unit Title or Company Share building we’ll pay the costs for your temporary accommodation for up to 12 months if you can’t live at your home due to an insured event. We’ll also provide you with temporary accommodation for up to 30 days if you are forced to evacuate your home in an emergency.

We’ll pay $5,000 to you or your estate towards funeral expenses if you or a household member dies as a result of an insured event.

This covers the cost of replacing your broken glass or ceramics up to a value of 10% of the amount your contents are insured for.

Up to $2,500 for loss or damage to contents kept outside on your property.

Up to $250 per household member, up to a maximum of 6 people, to replace perishable food or medicines that are lost or damaged as the result of an insured event.

We’ll pay up to $500 for replacement keys and locks if the keys to your home are stolen.

We’ll cover your contents if they are lost or damaged due to a motor accident or fire whilst they are in the truck of a professional removalist.

We’ll pay for the reasonable cost of repairing or replacing burnt out electric motors caused by mechanical, electrical or electronic failure.

If you’re moving home we’ll automatically cover your contents at your new address for up to 14 days.

Hit a hole-in-one or bowl a full house at an official club competition or break an officially recognised international sporting award and we’ll give you $200.

If you, or a member of your immediate family, are lucky enough to give birth to twins (or more!) we’ll give you $100 per baby.

If you’re renting and your landlord’s fitted carpets, fixtures or fittings are lost or damaged due to an insured event we’ll cover the cost to repair or replace them so you don’t have to.

Up to $1,500 per household member to cover the cost of counselling sessions after a claim.

What's optional?

In case you need just a little bit more...

Cover for your contents against accidental loss or damage, at or away from your home – no matter where you take them.

Protect your livelihood with up to $5,000 cover for your business items if they are lost or damaged as the result of an insured event.

Up to $1,000 towards vet fees if your cat or dog is injured due to an accident.                      

Cover for you fixtures and fittings if you upgrade or renovate them and your home is part Unit Title or Company Share building.

Want to learn more? Check out the Policy Wording for full cover details.


block image

We'll Take Care of You

As many good days as there are, we all have some not-so-good days, too. Our claims team is dedicated to taking care of you, every step of the way

block image

Ask Us Anything

We love questions, because if something is important to you, then it’s important to us that we get it right. Browse our FAQs or ask us anything here

block image


We’ve made it easy for you to compare apples with apples with our side by side comparison table